Friday, January 04, 2013

Thankfulness.....

Tuesday January 1st 2013, I started my thankfulness journal....

Tuesday January 1st

I am thankful for and grateful to God for.......

1) My family - I am blessed with a good husband, 3 great sons and 3 wonderful daughters.
2) Carhartt bib overalls and jackets, warm hats and gloves and Muck boots in 9 degree weather.
3) My dishwasher - that runs at least twice and usually more every day.
4) My washer and dryer that run several times every day.

Wednesday January 2nd 

5) A wood stove and wood to put in it on a cold morning.
6) Quiet time in the wee hours of the morning to read my bible.
7) Goat coats for my goaty girls - it's going to be -19 by morning.
8) Friends who bring you chocolate bark for Christmas.
9) Kids in jammies all sweet and ready for bed.

Thursday January 3rd
10) The squeak of the snow under my boots in -15 degree weather.
11) The goats that greet me cheerfully and give us milk for the day.
12) Band-aids for middle son's scratched finger.
13) 5 pairs of kids' winter boots all lined up and the feet that go into them.
14) Sun shining through frost on the windows.
15) Tiny footsteps outside the bathroom door and the little voice that says "mom" you in there?
16) The Christmas dress hanging on the bathroom door and the 4 year old daughter who wore it on Christmas Eve and who wasn't home yet at this time last year.
17) South Korea where 2 daughters and a son were born.
18) Ethiopia where 1 son and 1 daughter were born.
19) All the people who helped bring our children home.
20) Two beautiful brown skinned children peeking over the back of the love seat.

Friday, January 4th
21) It's 29 degrees outside at 6:00am, that's 44 degrees warmer than it was at this time yesterday.
22) Good friends who really understand me.
23) Son that gets up early to keep me company.
24) Lotion that makes my dry cracked hands feel better.
25) Our hens who provide us with eggs.




No comments: